Problems we faced at the start of our work
- the website didn’t meet technical optimization recommendations;
- the website didn’t contain descriptions of all services offered by the company;
- the website design was outdated and inconvenient;
- there was too little content (mostly not unique) on the landing pages;
- contextual advertising was the single source of traffic;
- a weak link profile.
Starting the project
After conducting a general SEO audit we decided to start the process of totally redesigning the website. That’s why the Panem team had time and opportunity to put into action certain aspects of SEO before the new website was released.
The first stage
At the first stage, the following scope of work was done:
- SEO-component for the team of developers (a list of rules and recommendations to follow in the course of website development);
- Analysis of the peculiarities of the niche “local locksmith” and the major competition;
- Collecting and clustering semantic kernel;
- Website structure design;
- Keyword mapping (relevance of keywords to pages);
- SEO support (checking, identifying and timely correction of mistakes in the course of website development).
The second stage
- Creating technical tasks for the copywriter for the main pages of the website;
- Checking and publishing texts;
- Creating new landing pages for certain locations;
- On-page optimization (meta-tags, keywords, micro-layout of pages, image optimization);
- Release of the updated website.
The second stage of the work was especially important as we needed to create quality and useful content. For this, we involved native speakers who proofread the texts and made corrections.
Since the competition in the niche “chicago locksmith” is rather intense, we decided to apply the most complete page structure for Chicago districts and its suburbs. For this, we used all names of districts, community areas, and small towns in the suburbs of Chicago where the client provides services. We analyzed them for the keyword frequency for the template “name of the city/town/district” + “locksmith”. As a result, we received a clear list of new pages, which later helped to attract low-volume targeted traffic.
Further actions on this stage included creating content and preparation for the release.
The third stage
- Connecting and adjusting Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager;
- Connecting Google Ads Console;
- Analysis of the competitors’ link profiles;
- Drawing up a plan for link building;
- Registration in the local directories;
- Crowd marketing;
- Internal links optimization;
- Analysis and optimization plan for Google My Business.
After the website release, the primary task was to standardize link building with the aim to increase the DR (Domain Rating).
Organic traffic (data from Google Search Console)
Top-10 positions (according to Ahrefs)
Link profile ((according to Ahrefs)
DR (Domain Rating) growth diagram
External link building diagram